[esp-r] Re: ESP-r installation on 64bit Linux machine

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:18:46 GMT 2010

 > at our Institute we have to install ESP-r on a 64bit Debian computers.
 > Does anyone compile it on a 64bit computer?

 > We had some problem with the gcc compiler. We tried to use the
 > gcc 4.3 and the gcc 4.1.2.
 > With the first one seems to work (only a small problem when we
 > try to save the model as a gif image) with the second one,
 > the gcc 4.1.2 (suggested in the Readme file), espr doesn't
 > work!
 > Any idea on that?

I'm using ESP-r on a 64bit Fedora box with GCC 4.4 No problems. I
believe the install script had to be called with --gcc4 (or something
similar) until recently, but this should be the default now.

Can you be more specific about your problems?

Also: Have you checked your .esprc file? If you install as root, it
won't be copied to your home directory

Axel