[esp-r] Re: question about building an overhang

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 12 07:32:54 GMT 2009

There have been several people who have been asking about how to setup
solar obstruction in ESP-r.  The best response would be to create a short
screen tutorial.  But since that is not yet available try the following:

Please look in the project manager
  browse/edit/simulate -> zone composition -> geometry & attribution ->
    (pick a zone) -> solar obstruction -> dimensional input

And in that menu you can define one or more blocks which can be used
to obstruct direct solar radiation for this zone.  There are help messages
in the interface.