[esp-r] Mixing plant and ideal zone controls

Christian Anker Hviid cah at byg.dtu.dk
Mon Oct 26 22:15:28 GMT 2009

A question about plant and ideal zone control that I hope someone has a solution for.

I have one zone ventilated by a plant with and without heat recovery. I think I need to link the plant to the zone before the effect of the heat recovery shows in the energy delivered.
But I also need to specify a zone control that keeps the zone temperature at 20degC. I know I can put in a heating coil into the plant and control it to approximately 20degC, but for the sake of simplicity (in larger scale models) I just want to control my room temperature ideally. How do I link a plant and an ideal zone control to the same zone?
I think the same problem arises if I want to link an air based and a water based plant to the same zone?

Best regards

Christian Anker Hviid
Industrial PhD candidate

DTU Byg