[esp-r] Re: Problem Installation

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Aug 28 17:45:21 BST 2009

This email states that the PATH environment variable was updated
but later the esp-r executables are not found....

To confirm - log out and then back in.  Then try the following
commands:

  echo $HOME
  echo $PATH
  which prj

Check if $PATH report includes /usr/esru/esp-r/bin
as well as the bin folder in the users home folder.

If it does not then the method used to define the PATH
environment variable does not re-establish the full PATH
after a new log in.

Next try creating a link from the users $HOME/bin folder to each
of the esp-r executables.  E.g.
  cd
  cd bin
  ln -s /usr/esru/esp-r/bin/prj ./prj