[esp-r] Sensitivity to edited numbers when creating zones via floor plan extrusion

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 24 09:21:38 BST 2009

During testing on a 64 bit computer with a version of ESP-r that is using the
GTK graphical interface I noticed that some coordinates were not being
properly interpreted from the user data typed into the dialog box.  In two
cases 7.000 became 7000.000 and so the room looked very long and thin.

On the same machine the process worked ok if, for each editing dialog
box used in the sequence of defining X and Y coordinates,  I first cleared
the initially hi-lighted text and typed in the numbers into the blank field.

This sensitivity seems to be machine specific.  It might also be noticed
for some users with the native windows version of ESp-r.  If you have had problems
with inputting the X and Y coordinates give this alternative approach a try.

Regards, Jon Hand