[esp-r] Re: erroneous result - model needs checking

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 18:11:30 BST 2009

It would be difficult to provide advise on this model without having a listing of
the mode QA report as well as some sketches of the model to check against.  It
might be that the wrong construction type is being used, it might be that
the surfaces in the model are reversed - what looks like a north surface is
actually facing south.

Such checking is something that is a critical skill for practitioners.  As mentioned
in the ESP-r Cookbook, it is essential to get models checked by someone other
than the author of the model.

Perhaps someone in the community might be willing to look over your
model, but if it is a complex model you should be prepared to pay for
such services.  When requesting help you should provide some clues
as to how complex the model is and what time period is acceptable
for completing the checking.