[esp-r] Re: printf broken error...

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 17:37:31 BST 2009

About a compile/run error....

The issue might be that you did not include the --gcc4 option when
invoking ./Install

Also, be sure to give a 'make clean' command before issuing
the ./Install command to ensure that all the old object files are
removed.

Because 4.3.1 is a relatively new version of the GCC compiler
it might be that this is causing an issue that does not show
up with version 4.1.2.

Yesterday both the X11 and GTK versions
were compiled with the GCC that comes with Ubuntu 9,04 and
with the GCC that comes with Ubunut 8.04 and both seemed to
be working ok so it might be specific to your computer.  Did
prior versions of ESP-r work on this computer?