[esp-r] esp-r simulation and results viewing time

NALIN SWAROOP nalin_swaroop at iitb.ac.in
Mon Jun 22 14:51:55 BST 2009

hello all

I  have modeled a 43 zone/8 storey building and currently trying to
simulate its cooling load and temperature characteristics with variation
of parameters such as glazing type, orientation, construction type,
infiltration etc.
Now the problem is when I save the results with save level 4 it takes
around 30 min to generate the result file and the file size is around 1150
MB(1.15GB) which is quite large, now when I try to view the results the
"res" viewing facility takes too much time to open and hangs frequently
while viewing results, is this because of the file size?? I have a
pentium4 D with 3.00Ghz and 1 GB ram.
I also tried the result level 1 and 6 these also took around 30 min for
simulation and "res" works a little faster but hangs frequently.
All I want for my results is the cooling load for 5 zones which are
conditioned(I want monthly cooling load) and hourly temperature values for
all the zones which result save level is best for these outputs??

Regards

Nalin