[esp-r] Re: surface attributes for adjacent zones

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sun Jun 14 22:42:17 BST 2009

There is an automated 'topology check' in the project manager that
will scan thru all of the surfaces in your model and locate matches
which meet certain kinds of geometric criteria (surface areas a close
match, orientations, coordinates within a specified tolerance).  For
surfaces that is does not find a match for it will ask for your opinion.

Your description seems to indicate that you are doing the linking
definition one surface at a time (probably in the surface attribute
menu).  Surface by surface is a really slow way of doing this task.

Your description also indicates that there might be a corruption
of your model - the master list of surfaces in the model might
not be matching the actual number of surfaces in each of the
zones.  There is a 'clear topology' option in the project manager
which should be invoked and then you should run the topology check
option.

You should find a discussion of surface boundary conditions
in the ESP-r Cookbook (available on the ESRU web page).