[esp-r] Re: install failure (after getting source code on MSYS)

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue May 26 16:05:59 BST 2009

Hi Lewis,

I've never seen that error before, but I suspect you've encountered a low-level error when the install script invoked low-level utilities to create the ESP-r directory tree. I found some similar discussion here:

http://www.nabble.com/Subject:-Newbie-problem-with-installing-MSYS-td16005781.html

It seems this problem may crop up when msys and cygwin coexist on a machine; msys may be finding and executing cygwin binaries in the windows path. Otherwise, you may find success by following the suggestion to 'rebase' your msys dlls contained within that thread.

Hope that helps.

- Alex

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk [mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of ???
Sent: May 26, 2009 01:02
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] install failure (after getting source code on MSYS)

Hello, developers,

I am trying to do some development work on WinXP machine.

Through the Tortoise SVN, I got source code already.

After getting this source, I tried 'Install' in MSYS command window but suddenly failed.

The attached file shows some messages I got.

Please share any tips with me~

Thank you for your attention in advance.

Lewis Yook

Team Manager,
DASS Consultants Ltd.
?
143-834, Venture Center 304-ho, 632-9 Guui-dong Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea

T. 82.2.913.2585 F. 82.2.949.2585
H. www.dasskorea.com