[esp-r] Re: CFD problem

Hall,Monika monika.hall at fhnw.ch
Mon May 4 12:26:57 BST 2009

Dear Nalin,

In your file the cfd is not connected to the air flow net, because after the pressure 1.52/0.00 there is no corresponding connection to the air flow net. Maybe you need to set the pressure in the air flow net and use the cfd only for a better calculation and to make "coloured" pictures.

I sent you an old cfd-file. This file was working, but the controls were set in the afn/plt file (fan on/off and temperature of the inlet air). I used the cfd for making "coloured" pictures (distribution for air temperature and air velocity). Unfortunately I did not write down what I have done.

The numbers 3,4,11 are the conflation types: turbulence model, handshaking or not, etc. This is the way cfd correspons with the thermal zone.
You will find the models in a paper of Ian Beausoleil-Morrison (table 1):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2V-45VCJM3-6&_user=6562768&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000070066&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=6562768&md5=6f032decf834621b14376615c8977ba9

What is what you have to find out of you own. As I remember, you can't combinate each type with each type. I do not know if there is a conflation type 0.

Regards
Monika