[esp-r] Database corruption ?

brice-75 brice-75 at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Apr 22 09:23:00 BST 2009

Good morning,

I have an issue stating tu use ESP-r with Windows XP.

Folders seem to be created in the right place.
C:\Esru\EditPath
C:\Esru\esp-r
C:\Esru\Models

Nevertheless, one thing strange when I launch ESP-r, in the bottom windows appears
 homedrive is C:
 homepath is \Documents and Settings\brice....

Is it normal ?

I can launch models, create an new model file, review climate data files, browse material database...

But when I try to make any basic modifcation in the materials database (just copying one product without edting), the software accepts the copy, but when I save close and open again ESP-r; most values are set to 0, and I cannot editanymore products specfications (density, absorptivity)...

What went wrong ?

More generally, is it easier to start with Linux Distribution (I think to Ubuntu) than with Windows ?

Regards

Brice