[esp-r] Re: IES and esp-r

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 09:38:12 BST 2009

IES-VE and ESP-r are two different software packages.  A long time ago there were
similarities.  IES-VE is proprietary software so you would have to ask them
what is in their solution engine.  The ESRU web site includes documents which
list the current functionality of ESP-r and, of course, you can also look at the
source code of ESP-r.  You could compare that with documents
published by IES-VE.

And you could also look at the comparison document for ~20 simulation tools
compiled several years ago by myself and Dru Crawley.  I can forward a copy
of that if there is interest.

Regards, Jon Hand