[esp-r] Re: ESP-r installation

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 08:45:00 BST 2009

A compile issue....

I am trying to install ESP-r inside ubunto Linux 8.10,
I did not succeed and I get the following error message:

 ERROR: could not build executable disableXML!

Usually the Install script will provide additional information in addition to
the ERROR statement.  To help you we need:

a:  the version of ESP-r you were trying to compile
b:  the specific command you gave when invoking Install
c:  the full error statement

And the likely problem is that you do not have the full set of compilers
needed by ESP-r.  You will need gfortran as well as g++ and gcc.  Use
the Ubuntu package manager is necessary.  If you have a choice, get
the 4.1.2 version of the GCC compilers.

-ESRU