[esp-r] instable with global solar

Holger Bertling holger.bertling at gmx.de
Thu Oct 30 19:27:34 GMT 2008

Dear All,

I solved my stable-problems within normal simulations.
(see: MZELWE Longwave Flux Messages)

Now I want to simulate the model with different climate-files.
There are only global solar horizontal available.

I switched the climate-files with clm to global solar.
Now the simulation is really getting instable.
MZELWE-Messages without ending.

What surprised me:
I could read the files with an editor,
but after I switched them to global solar
they cannot be opend with an editor anymore,
even if I write the data out to ASCII-files again.

Now I think that maybe the switch is not enough
and the model gets the full global as direkt power...

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Holger