[esp-r] Network Flow Nodes and component connections

Ryan Joseph Del Balso Ryan.Delbalso at Colorado.EDU
Tue Oct 14 17:55:22 BST 2008

Can someone clarify the network flow node height and component connection
designations?  The cookbook describes placing the node at the "height" of
the opening, but does not define what that height should be.  If I have a
door opening, should that height be at the bottom of the opening, the top or
the middle?  Also, is the "Height of +ve linkage point relative to node X"
supposed to be from the bottom of the component to the node height, or from
the node height to the bottom of the component?  Same with the -ve linkage
node.  This would affect the sign.  Again, the cookbook and reference
literature do not describe this completely or clearly.

Additionally, the cookbook states that the nodes on either side of the
component should be at the same height, but what if you have a single
interior node and windows as multiple elevations?  Then only one of those
nodes could be at the same height as the internal node?  I am just a little
confused on this.

Thanks

Ryan