[esp-r] Re: copy model

Georgios Kokogiannakis georgios at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 09:33:37 BST 2008

Dear Wong,

the error you are getting is because you transfer the model without the
associated databases (at least the materials database). It is a (very) common
error when trying to transfer ESP-r models to another location.
You have two choices: Either open the model by ignoring all the errors and
click on database maintenance. After this, click on materials, constructions,
optical databases and copy the default databases (depending on the model, you
may have to do it for other databases too).
Save your model and then you will not get any errors the next time you open
it.
Alternative, in order to avoid all these clicks open the cfg file of your
model with an editor (in your case you can use Wordpad in Windows) and see
the lines below "* DATABASES". Check where the materials, constructions and
optics are pointing. They are the lines that they start with "*prm", "*mlc",
"*opt". They are probably pointing (for Windows) to C:/Esru/esp-r/databases

Change these 3 lines to point to "..\dbs/constr.db3" for Windows or
"../dbs/constr.db3" for Linux. Replace "constr.db3" with the names of the
databases you are using.
After this go inside C:/Esru/esp-r/databases and copy/paste the 3 files in
your models dbs folder (if you have a dbs folder). Your model will then work
fine the next you open it.
I prefer the second option.

Perhaps the default databases should be copied automatically each time
somebody creates a model instead of using hardwired locations(?

Regards,
Georgios

--
Energy Systems Research Unit (ESRU)