[esp-r] gbXML and esp-r

Lewis Yook froshin at dasskorea.com
Tue Sep 9 07:28:52 BST 2008

Hello, every friend?

Recently I am very interested in developing a converting program that imports the gbXML data into esp-r input files.

I think it might be a really challenging work and there are many things to consider of.

The importance of this kind of converting tool, however, is getting bigger.

For example, Korean government began to require 3D drawings for new building projects plans and its approvals in some area.

This kind of requirment will be extended to other public and civil projects for the accuracy and efficiency of many kinds of evaluations.

In my opinion, It will be followed by developing of the building energy simulation tools that is much accessible by designers (not simulation experts).

If we can suggest any idea about the converting process of the gbXML data into esp-r input files, it will open a great opportunity for the expending market.

Is there someone who also have similar idea?

Feel free to share your dream!

Lewis Yook
Team Manager,
Integrated Simulation Unit.
Design and Simulation for Sustainability (DASS) consultants Ltd.

143-834
Venture Support Center 304-ho
632-9 Guui-dong Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea
T. 82.2.913.2585 F. 82.2.949.2585
H. www.dasskorea.com