[esp-r] Re: PV modeling

Nicolas Kelly nick at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 09:09:12 BST 2008

Liam,

To get round this problem you will need to have a fixed voltage node somewhere in your electrical network - without this the network cannot be solved. The simplest network I use for this type of problem is two node:

1. fixed voltage node (i.e. the grid)

2. pv node

Connect both nodes together with a very low resitance cable and couple the PV panel or panels to the pv node  - this should work OK.

Regards,

Nick Kelly on behalf of ESRU