[esp-r] CO2-calculations for rooms with natural ventilation

Pueltz, Gunter Gunter.Pueltz at MuellerBBM.de
Tue Jul 29 08:07:40 BST 2008

Dear ESP-developers,

the current version of ESP, v11.5, is able to do CO2-balances
for rooms in order to investigate room air quality, which is a
quite usefull facility. But - as far as I know - it has still
the limitation, that for a bidirectional air flow only the
net flow is taken into account for CO2-balance.

As we have to investigate room air quality in rooms of a school,
which is ventilated by openable windows only, we can not use
this facility so far. For natural ventilated rooms it is essential
that the individual flows of bidirectional air exchange are taken
into account for the CO2-balance.

Thus we hope that the next release of ESP -r - announced for
September 08 (?) - will provide this enhanced CO2-capability.

Is this correct ?

Best Regards,
Gunter

--
Dr. Gunter Pültz

Müller-BBM GmbH
Robert-Koch-Straße 11
82152 Planegg
Telefon +49 (0)89 85602 - 336
Telefax +49 (0)89 85602 - 111
http://www.MuellerBBM.de

HRB München 86143
Geschäftsführer: Bernd Grözinger, Dr. Edwin Schorer, Norbert Suritsch