[esp-r] Re: import optical data from WINDOW6

Georgios Kokogiannakis georgios at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 15:20:17 BST 2008

I am not either sure about WINDOW6 but I have used several times WINDOW 5.1 in
the past to generate the angular data needed for ESP-r (i.e. transm & layer
abs.). If you do not have many glazing systems it may be easier to do the
whole import manually: 1st generate the angular data (it is one of the
outputs in window5.1) and then manually create the entry in the optics
database.
Old style but robust.

Regards,
Georgios

On Monday 28 July 2008 14:38, Jon Hand wrote:
> The code that went in last week to the development branch is able
> to import Window 5.1 and 5.2 reports into esp-r.  We have not
> yet looked at how a Window 6 report differs  - it might be easy
> but probably not because Window 6 includes some diffuse
> calculations and probably writes out more data.
>
> If you can make do with Window 5.2 then go with the
> development_branch version.
>
> Regards, Jon Hand

Energy Systems Research Unit (ESRU)
Department of Mechanical Engineering