[esp-r] Re: Sky view factor & External insolation

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 22:09:52 BST 2008

A question about shading and about sky view factors.

In the ish module, when the term 'shading' is used it
actually is shading on the outside face of surfaces facing the
outside. If there is some place in the documentation and/or
contextual help that would indicate something else please
let us know so we can correct this.

And the shading in the newist version can calculate both
the direct and diffuse shading. The diffuse shading has
a good idea of how much of the sky is seen from each
surface.

The sky view factor is set globally in the 'context' menu
based on the building/sky/ground settings.

Not sure if I know of an application which calculates sky view
factors direction. Perhaps someone else does.

-Jon Hand