[esp-r] Re: Questions about *.cgc file ?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 10:16:10 BST 2008

A recent question about lighting controls in ESP-r (see below).

To understand what is happening in lighting control it is
useful to run your simulation with the "trace" option for
casual gains turned on. At each timestep it will print
the values of many of the variables that are being used
in the calculations.

The switch off 150% is used to ensure that the light
from the sun is 150% of what is assumed to be provided
by the lighting in the room. This is intended to
keep the room from appearing dark when the switch-off
happens.  You could use a different switch off level
if you want.

The control slope is not a variable that I am familiar
with. Which control law are you using?

Regards, Jon Hand