[esp-r] RE : Re: Modelling curtain-wall vs. modelling windows

Denis J. Bourgeois Denis.Bourgeois at arc.ulaval.ca
Tue Jun 10 11:20:17 BST 2008

Hi Evan,

As with Achim, I don't understand what you mean by modelling a curtainwall with equivalent areas of glass and aluminium. Achim's numbers are quite fine, although performance can vary widely for both vision and spandrel panels - for a quick check on curtain wall performance (U) based on design options (namely size), you can look up FRAMEplus Online from Enermodal Engineering:

http://p10a.enermodal.com/WebFPlus/SpandrelPage.aspx

There's a good eSim paper on the significance of curtain wall design options and energy performance (if that's what you're interested in):

http://www.esim.ca/2002/documents/Proceedings/Session%203a-5.pdf

- Denis