[esp-r] Re: esp-r thermal analysis algorithms

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri May 23 14:42:39 BST 2008

Hi Danny.

Joe Clarke's book, "Energy Sumulation in Building Design" provides a concise description of ESP-r methodologies. (http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.cws_home/677125/description#description) You can also review the numerous publications on the ESRU website for details on individual algorithms inside ESP-r.

Alex Ferguson
Sustainable Buildings and Communities (Housing Group)
CANMET Energy Technology Centre
Natural Resources Canada
P:+1 613 995 3294
F:+1 613 996 9909
Alex.Ferguson at nrcan.gc.ca

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk on behalf of Danny Bishop
Sent: Tue 5/20/2008 19:02
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] esp-r thermal analysis algorithms

Hi All

Can anyone tell me, or point me to a description of the general type of thermal algorithms employed by ESP-r. An example is the "admittance method" employed by Ecotect, and it has a couple of paragraphs describing it in its help file. So if there is a name for the algorithm that would be great too. Any opinions of the accuracy or benefits as compared with Ecotect and E+ much appreciated as well.

Cheers

Danny