[esp-r] RFI: Radiance + ESP_r

George Makrythanasis george.makrythanasis at gia.uk.com
Wed May 14 17:40:05 BST 2008

Dear all,

My name is George Makrythanasis and I am working for a daylight design
consultancy. I was thinking how it will be possible to make Radiance and
Esp-r to interact between them. To make myself clear, what I try to
achieve is a dynamic approach to daylight and thermal design. For the
moment using Perl we can script and use radiance programs to indentify
the best scenario for different cases. What I need to find out is if it
will be possible to use the ESP-r code within a script and exchange
information in terms of thermal performance. Is Esp-r build with the
Radiance way consisting from several programs doing different jobs? Is
there an equivalent program for rtrace within ESP-r written in C code
that I could incorporate to my Perl script as an extra parameter for the
optimization of a scenario?

I hope that make some sense and I thank you in advance for your time.

Best Regards,

George Makrythanasis
Daylight Design Consultant
DDI: 020 7202 1474

The Whitehouse  Belvedere Road  London  SE1 8GA  t 020 7202 1400  f 020
7202 1401
Winners of BCO & Mixology Awards 2006 Visit www.gia.uk.com
<http://www.gia.uk.com/>  to read about our services

The information in this email and in any attachments is CONFIDENTIAL and
may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
copy or disclose its content but contact the sender immediately upon
receipt. The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of GIA. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. GIA accepts no
liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted via this email. Our
terms and conditions of business are available upon request.

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email