[esp-r] Re: absorptivity and absorption of 5 angles???

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Wed May 14 15:19:53 BST 2008

Dear Qiu,
the way it *should* be IMO is that all radiation-relevant properties are defined by the entry in the optics.db (at 5 angles). The thermal information is taken from the materials.db (called constr.db1 or constr.db2, typically).
Normally, any changes to "solar absorptivity" in the constr.dbx entries should *not* have any effect on simulation results. The emissivity, however, is taken from the constr.dbx.
Do you really find changes in results if you *only* change the solar absorptivity in the constr.dbx entry?