[esp-r] Re: installing on Vista

Tang, David David.Tang at owenscorning.com
Sun May 4 03:54:21 BST 2008

You do not need to install to run Windows esp-r.

Simply copy the folder ESRU from your friend to your C drive.
Then copy GTK into ESRU.
Save the following text in a file (e.g. setpath.bat).
Now open a dos cmd window, type setpath, hit return, the path is set.
Type prj (or esp-r), hit return, voila here you go.

I actually put ESRU on my 256Mb USB stick (F: drive) and runs happily ever
since.
In this case, I edited default and esprc, you know what to do.
If you have Administrator priviledge you can set global association too.

:: Green esp-r, no need to install
:: Copy the package to c:\ as c:\esru
:: to run esp-r, open a cmd; run this batch.
set path=C:\Esru\esp-r\bin;C:\Esru\GTK\bin;%path%
:: to set association remove the following comment
:: assoc .cfg=prj.exe

Happy esp-r'ing.

Regards,

David Tang
Chief Engineer, Energy Solutions
Owens Corning
T: +86 21 6101 9587; F: +86 21 6101 9588; m: +86 13817249419

The information contained in this communication and its attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify postmaster at owenscorning.com and delete the communication without retaining any copies. Thank you.

Translations available: http://www.owenscorning.com/emailfooter.html