[esp-r] Re: imaginary surface

paul strachan paul at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 19:29:06 BST 2008

Dear Francesco,

All zones must be fully bounded. Therefore, you should create a
"fictitious" construction that will have minimal impact on the heat
transfer. In essence you should have a thin layer which is very
conductive, no appreciable thermal mass, perfectly transparent and no
solar absorption.  Details can be found in the FAQ on the website under
"fictitious surfaces and zone subdivision".

Regards
Paul