[esp-r] Re: customizing climate data sets

vincent lacour vlacour at worldonline.fr
Tue Mar 18 09:44:26 GMT 2008

Dr.QIU wrote :
> vincent lacour,ÄúºÃ£¡
>
> 	it seems you should modify some data in "model context"-->"site data"
> Qiu
>
> ======= 2008-03-18 01:04:12 ÄúÔÚÀ´ÐÅÖÐдµÀ£º=======
>
>> I got from DOE the climate set for a location very close to my project, BUT my project is located at a much higher
>> elevation (950 m above mean sea level vs. 200 m amsl for the climate data set).  any idea how i could reasonably adjust
>> the climate data set for my project location?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Vincent

> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ÖÂ
> Àñ£¡

> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡zhongqiu at cityu.edu.hk

Thanks Qiu for your reply; however "model context"-->"site data" includes latitude and longitude but it does not include
elevation.
The point is: a) how to adjust climate data for temperature?  should I use the 2 degrees / 305 meters ratio across the
board?
b) What about air pressure and its decreasing with elevation?

Vincent