[esp-r] CEN standard 13791 + CEN 15251

Pueltz, Gunter Gunter.Pueltz at MuellerBBM.de
Mon Feb 18 14:12:42 GMT 2008

Dear ESRUs,

following questions concerning the two CEN standards 13791 + 15251:

1) CEN standard 13791:
Has ESP-r been successfully validated according to CEN standard 13791
meanwhile ?
Your answer to my last request has been very hopefully (see below) ...
In case of - Is an official certificate from ESRU available for this
successfull validation ?

2)  CEN standard 15251:
The final version of CEN standard 15251 (2007) includes a special evaluation
scheme for
acceptable operative (= resultant) temperatures during summer in rooms
WITHOUT any cooling
plant (see CEN standard 15251, appendix A.2):
The maximum operative temperature is defined as a function of "mean ambient
air temperature",
which must be averaged from ambient air temperatures of the last 7 days (24
hours) -
similar to ASHRAE standard no. 55.
Now my question: Is a new feature in the res-module available, which is able
do such an evaluation of operative temperatures - similar to the evaluation
scheme
according to ISO 7730 (valid for rooms WITH a cooling plant) ?
As frequencies of overriding the given limitations is also defined in CEN
standard 15251,
this new feature must be able to calculate the number of yearly hours (or
percentage of time),
when the given maxima are passed (too high operative temperatures during
summer); this must be done
according to the defined classes (I - II - III - IV) of thermal comfort (see
attached example from
the CEN standard 15251); thus an adequate output (perhaps in excel-format ?)
would help to perform
such an evaluation according to CEN standard 15251 ...

To do this evaluation via excel would be very labour-intensive and time
consuming :-((((

Regards,
Gunter

--