[esp-r] CAD export to esp-r

Tang, David David.Tang at owenscorning.com
Mon Dec 24 03:26:51 GMT 2007

Harry,

The objective of developing this software toolkits is to aid the performance
of esp-r. It is targeted to be open source once the development completed.

The software aims at 3D visual experience and fun to use. The key elements
are an AutoCAD like (but much easier to use) 3D model builder and an OpenGL
interactive colour rendered 3D model viewer allowing VR flying through. It
is generic but robust enough to produce data importable by esp-r. Users no
longer need to split a surface to insert a window or a door, or to match
another wall in an adjacent room. The splitting and matching of the whole
building is done automatically. We estimate that it saves 80% of time and
the modelling becomes enjoyable.

Currently we are carrying out extensive testing. Creating small models for
academic research are trival. We are looking for architects and consulting
engineers who use esp-r for real, large commercial projects. To help us and
help you, talk to us and send us your cases (we import 2D AutoCAD files). We
create the esp-r models for you. It is software beta testing. We do not
charge and nor should you.

The images and esp-r project will be sent in separate email. You may need to
edit the file esp-r/defaul as we are using a different version of esp-r
which uses environment variable.

Regards,

David Tang
Chief Engineer, Energy Solutions