[esp-r] Re: solar collector "segment"

Hall Monika Monika.Hall at josef-gartner.ch
Wed Dec 12 08:54:32 GMT 2007

Dear Kamel,

Thank you for your answer. I wittingly took the complex solar collector, because of the input possibilities. We have done some measurements and I want to compare them with a simulation. I would like to model the collector as real as possible.

Sometimes is the description in ESP-r a "little" short. Therefore I would like to have a description about the meaning of "collector mass (kg)" and "collector mass weighted thermal capacity W/(kg K)". The unit of a thermal capacity is J/(kg K), but in ESP-r-input-menu is stated W/(kg K). So, I'm not sure which input values are expected.

My long-term objective is to integrate the collector in a construction. How could I integrate the backside of the collector in a zone surface? In my project I have none outside conditions on the back side of the collector.

Best regards

Dr.-Ing. Monika Hall
Engineering

IIIII      GARTNER