[esp-r] Re: release of ESP-r version 11.4

Aizaz Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 15:50:17 GMT 2007

How I did it for Ubuntu 7.4 is as follows.

Log in as super user
Make sure you are online (ping etc.)
Go to system > administration > synaptic package manager
Search for "subversion" and install it (apply as the OS calls it)
Once subversion is installed issue the following command from a command line
 svn checkout https://esp-r.net/espr/esp-r/trunk
[or just http instead of https]

Install ESP-r using the install script.

Before I could do that however I had to install development headers for C,
C++, Fortran in order to install ESP-r. A useful bit of software (that
includes many important libraries) to install from synaptic manager is "build
essential".

Hope that helps.
-Aizaz