[esp-r] Re: what linux version is the best for ESP-r

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 12:24:30 GMT 2007

This library is part of the GNU compiler
dependencies releated to the g77 compiler. Some Linux only
have the "C" and "C++" compilers installed by default and you
have to install the g77 compiler packages and its dependencies.

Ubuntu install from  CD does not include all of the needed
packages so you have to use the package manager to
ask for the missing packages. One important one is called "build-essential"

-ESRU

QUESTION:
if I use Ubuntu Linux (7.04), will I meet the problem as "can't find shared library file 'libg2c.so.0'"?
I use mandriva linux 10.2, after installation, no 'libg2c.so.0' file in the path /usr/lib/.
thanks.