[esp-r] Re: what linux version is the best for ESP-r

Aizaz Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 10:04:17 GMT 2007

I am using Mandriva 10.2 for most development work as well as Ubuntu 7.4 on a
second machine, I found that ESP-r is (much) easier to install on Ubuntu.

Most of the work I do is on Mandriva because I managed to get a stable and
satisfactory system but will probably upgrade to Ubuntu when I will next
upgrade my system.

The library libg2c.so.0 is contained within libf2c0 which is a fortran runtime
library, I usually would take this from rpmseek.com for Mandriva OS

-Aizaz