[esp-r] Zone Conrol Model

Ali fallahi ali.fallahi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:38:59 BST 2007

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the control model in ESP-r. I wanted to
assign surface temperatures changing in a fixed frequency ( 24 surface
temperatures per day)  to external surfaces of 18 zones. I did this in
two ways but I couldn't succeed.

1- I used Shorttime step (temporal) model and SETPTTT to define the
surface temperature profile for one day and timestep of one. Then I
associated this index to a control loop. After simulation I just got
zero surface temperature!! As I understood SETPTTT uses control law 11
to match sensed/recorded temperature. I changed heating and cooling
capacity and sensor's parameter , but again i got the same zero
surface temperature.

2- I tried to assign the surface temperatures using zone control
model. However, with the current version 11.3  it's possible just to
have 8 control periods for one control loop. Therefore, I changed the
code (MBCDP in building.h  from 8 to 100). I could include all my
temperature profile this way (24 periods per loop and more than 18
contol loops) and I used control law 1; however, results show that
ESP-r just considers the first 12 control loops and doesn't take into
account the other 6 control loops. Thus, I could assign the surface
temperatures just to 12 zones.

I would be pleased if someone could advise me how to assign 24 surface
temperatures ( changing in a fixed frequency )  to 18 external
surfaces.

Best Regards,
Ali Fallahi