[esp-r] Re: Res output, what, exactly, is given?

paul strachan paul at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sat Aug 18 12:35:53 BST 2007

Hi Achim,

The "solar entering" is the amount entering the zone - it does not
include any solar radiation absorbed in the glazing as it enters the
zone, and it does not include any reduction for solar radiation leaving
the zone. The solar radiation in the monthly gains/losses table
corresponds with data you can get from the "solar processes" choice
(e.g. if you get the mean value of "solar entering" from the solar
processes table and multiply by the number of hours in the month, it
agrees with the monthly gain - at least for the tests I did).

The "cooling load" can be greater than the "solar entering" (even when
there are no internal gains) because of the additional load caused by
solar radiation absorbed in the glazing and transferred by radiation and
convection into the zone.

The "solar absorbed" in the zone should always be less than the the
"solar entering" the zone.

Regards
Paul