[esp-r] Re: Installing esp-r in OS X

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 31 19:47:37 BST 2007

Hi Liam,

Which version of ESP-r are you using?

- Alex

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Liam O'Brien
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 13:41
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] Installing esp-r in OS X

Hello,

As a novice Unix user, I have struggled a bit to install esp-r [in OS
X].  I have followed the instuctions on the website to the T, however I
am consistently getting this message mid-way through the installation
process (and it aborts the process):

Please wait while the installer performs cleanup...ls:
/opt/esru/esp-r/bin: No such file or directory

Having given the sudo command, I would have expected the installer to
create any necessary folder structure automatically.  I suspect this is
a Unix issue more than an esp-r issue, however if anyone could give me a
pointer, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Liam O'Brien

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check
it out! <http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx>