[esp-r] Re: draft report on temporal patterns of computer electricitydemand

Jeremy Cockroft jeremy at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 14:09:55 BST 2007

Jon,

I would be interested in a wider range of consumer equipment that are
typically left on or on standby (TVs, microwave ovens, PVRs, settop
boxes, Audio stuff in general, phone chargers, battery chargers etc.
Could I borrow your gadget?  I have at least one of each of the above,
to start with!

There are rather a lot of characteristic current draws for each of your
IT items.  Perhaps you could define a typical usage profile for each
type so we have a single figure for each item to compare.  For the
purpose of totting up the internal heat gains in a zone, perhaps we need
an "occupied" figure and an "out-of-hours" figure for input (to ESP-r).

Jeremy