[esp-r] Re: thermal lag

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Mon Jun 4 12:03:59 BST 2007

Hi Pat,

depending on what depth of information you are looking for, ESP-r has that info for any multi-layer construction readily available. You just need to change the "results flag" from 2 or 4 or whatever to 3. Then you get 3 temperatures for each layer at every timestep (surface, center, other surface).

Now if e.g. a concrete wall / slab is of detailed interest, you can split that up into more layers - ergo more temperatures. For higher time resolution, of course, you can use smaller time steps.

Last not least (as written in an earlier mail) ESP-r has that "3d high definition" thing hidden somewhere ... therein, as far as I remember, you can descretisize (?) to your hearts content.

Hope that helps,

Best regards

Achim Geissler