[esp-r] esp-r and thermal lag

pat mc cormack pat.ethree at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:07:19 BST 2007

Thanks for all the help to date folks,
Couple of more questions,
Is it possible to use esp-r to calculate the thermal lag of a multilayer
wall section? Perhaps someone could point me at some literature on it?
also
I'm trying to take glazing information from LBNL's window program Win
5.2into esp-r. There are some version 4 instructions that I read but I
can't
find them again! Any pointers?

As a general rule is it better to:
1) use something like win5 to calculate the properties of a multilayer
assembly - in this case triple glazed lo-e argon gap- and then inject the
whole assembly into esp-r? or:
2) create the construction in the constructions database in esp-r having put
the individual elements' properties in the advanced optics database in
esp-r. In the second case how do I select argon/krypton etc as the gap?

Thanks
Pat McCormack

--
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a
troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be