[esp-r] Re: install on linux

Denny Beyer denny at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu May 24 17:19:59 BST 2007

Installation of ESP-r on recent versions of Linux distributions.

The installer doesn't check if you got the necessary tools installed on your
machine. So make sure, you got a compatibility package for the f77 compiler
(the previous fortran compiler) installed. Search for "compat" and "f77".

E.g on SuSE Linux (10.1; 10.2) the package is called "compat-g77"
You can test if you got the package with
         /> rpm -qa | grep -ni "compat-g77"
which should give you something like:
        512:compat-g77-3.3.5-42.1
if not you'll find it if you go to Yast=>Software=>Software Management and do
a search for it and install it.

This should solve the problem.
  denny