[esp-r] Re: Proposed development of window shading models

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Mon Mar 12 12:04:04 GMT 2007

Hi Bart,
very interesting topic. By "between-the-panes" do you mean those "new" special products, where a Venetian type blind is in  the (sealed and desiccated) IGU gap or do you mean every type of glazing setup with blind in between glazing layers, e.g. the various "double façade" types (with and without natural / forced ventilation)?
I assume you are familiar with the corresponding ISO / EN standards 15099 and 13363-2. Additionally, especially interesting in regard to possible models in ESP-r, are you familiar with all the work done in this regard by ISE / Freiburg (part of the Fraunhofer Group; ESP-r user)? Quite a few publications are available; the name to look for here is Tilmann Kuhn.
As Jon can confirm, the above mentioned topic (if the latter, broader definition of between-the-panes) is very interesting for the façade industry. However, if you are making new models / approaches, the industry will heavily require comparisons to the accepted standardised approaches mentioned. And it will not pay  :^(  .
Looking forward to interesting developments,
best regards
Achim Geissler