[esp-r] Re: capability questions

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 20:59:33 GMT 2007

It is possible to edit the wind speeds in the climate file
to match your own ideas of wind speed and direction.

It is possible to describe a mass flow network which has
openings to the outside and the flows can be calculated
as a function of the changing temperatures and pressures
at each timestep. Control can be applied to these openings.

It is possble to desribe a surface covered with water and
have ESP-r pay attention to the latent exchanges at that
surface.

Micotoxins tends to require a high resolution model
and tracking moisture within surfaces as well as local
humidity.  This is possible (but requires lots of information
and some persistence).

ESP-r used to have a well-used facility to track the
growth of micotoxins.  This faility has not been used
much recently and might need a bit of work to
bring its interface up to current standards.

We would welcome interested parties who would
like to explore and perhaps evolve these faciltiies.

-ESRU