[esp-r] beta testers wanted again

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 16:38:03 GMT 2007

To the ESP-r community....

There have been several hundred source code commits to my
branch of the source code repository and it would be good
to have some additional pairs of eyes looking at the changes
to see if they work on a broader spectrum of machines prior
to release.

Both the GTK and the X11 version have been the subject
of intense effort to make the specification of zone controls
clearer and there are additional options for browsing
files, especially in the GTK version.  There is also an
import air and casual gain patterns facility that has
been introduced.  The pro (event profiles module) has
been merged into the project manger and the browsing
logic revised.

The native windows version gets the same additional
browsing capabilities as the other GTK versions and
those of you who have cursed loudly when the numbers
you have edited have been mis-interpreted will have
an easier time of it.

Plus there are about 8 new exemplar models, focused
primarily on zone control issues.  Because I don't use
3-position controls or P+I controls or separate on/off
setpoints with cycle time limits all that often it would
be great if the new controls were looked at by those
who are opinionated.

If you would like to participate I have a new single
click native windows installer and an installer
for the X11 and GTK version running under
recent versions of Cygwin that I can upload to
you.  Linux users should contact me about
instructions for getting an export of the relevant
source code control repository.  If you want
a summary of the changes made since November
I can provide you with that as well.

Your comments would be appreciated.  And remember
the usual warnings about testing new software and
backing up your work.

Regards, Jon Hand