[esp-r] node temperatures

Stephan Schlitzberger schlitzberger at ibh-hauser.de
Sun Jan 21 19:17:41 GMT 2007

Hello esp-r users!

I have a problem with node temperatures and inner/outer surface
temperatures.
Using the save option 3 in the simulation-tool allows to analyse the
different node temperatures in addition to the normally presented inner and
outer surface temperatures of a construction.
In the way I understand nodes are defined, the output of the first
temperature node should result in the same temperature as if I choose the
outer surface temperature of the same construction. But it isn´t.

Another difference in temperature-reporting I found concerning for example a
wall between two zones. Let´s say we have a construction with three layers
what results in a 6-node model of the wall. Choosing the 1st node
temperature of this wall from the point of view of one of the two zones
(which means to output the outer surface temperature in this case) and
choosing the 6th node temperature from the point of view of the other zone´s
identical but inversed construction (which means to output the inner surface
temperature) also doesn´t lead to identical temperature curves.

Does anyone have any idea what can be the reason for these differences?
Perhaps the real definition of the layers and nodes is diffrent from the way
I understand it

Thank you for any response,

            Stephan Schlitzberger