[esp-r] request for electrical data for lighting and small power devices

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:30:28 GMT 2007

We are reviewing the contextual help associated with zone operations
definitions for electrical data for lights and small power loads.

The current help says almost nothing and it would be useful if it
provided a bit of
discussion for common types of lighting and small power devices.

Electrical is not really my thing so if anyone has some information
on the following types of information for European and North American
contexts:

name of device : __
power factor (between 0.0 and 1.0) : __
leading or lagging  : __
real power consumption (W) : __
sensible gain (W) : __
typical sensible radiant fraction (%) : __
and typical sensible convective fraction (%) :__
latent gain (W) or g/hour   : __
voltage (V)  : __
phase if is connected to (if a 3 phase supply) : __
source of information (or relevant standard) : __

It would be great if the help text for a lighting load gave these
values for fluorescent (tube and compact), halogen, incandescent,
LED etc.

Ditto for laptops, desktop computers, monitors, oscillating fans,
water pumps etc.

I am happy to type in the text into the code.  Contributore could
just fill
in the : __ above section for each device  and email it back to
jon at esru.strath.ac.uk

Looking forward to anyones contributions!

-ESRU