[esp-r] Re: Insolation through other zones

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Mon Dec 11 07:13:25 GMT 2006

Hi Heiko,
for current architecture, that is probably one of the most limiting features
of ESP-r: Direct radiation is followed through one transparent layer, only!
For subsequent zones, the radiation is diffuse.
As far as I am aware, using Radiance does not help, because radiance looks
at light, only.
One workaround is to tell ESP-r to distribute the incoming radiation to two
main surfaces (somewhere in the construction menue branch). However, that
has the limitation that the distribution chosen can not be changed during
simulation.
Another idea is maybe to check what angles of incidence occur and maybe
expand the uppermost zone of the atrium so that most direct radiation is
taken care of in it.
For what its worth ...