[esp-r] Evaporative surfaces - swimming pool

Oliver Bucks oliver.bucks at club-internet.fr
Fri Dec 8 14:48:36 GMT 2006

Hello all,

In further attempts to integrate an evaporative surface into a 'greenhouse' to
ensure the solar drying of sewage sludge, I have found the entry "evaporative
surface" in the "zone controls - period data" sub-menu.

I am given two options,

1) Wet opaque surface
2) swimming pool

>From the results, the "wet opaque surface" does not have any incidence upon the
RH or temp. of the zone to which the conltrol is linked nor to any connecting
zones.

The "Swimming pool" option leads to a pop-up that states........

           "You have chosen to incorporate a swimming pool model into this zone.
This requires that 1) the floor internal convective heat tansfer coefficient and
emissivity are set to small values (0.001) and that 2) the external boundary
condition is set to adiabetic. Please do this after defining the pool data."

My questions :

a) Where do I change the 'internal convective heat transfer coefficient and
emissivity' (does this fefer to the 'conductivity' and 'emissivity' parameters
for the inside-face material used in in the floor construction ?

b) do all the boundary conditions for the zone linked to the 'evporative
surface' control have to be adiabetic (I hope not) ?

c) Why do I get the following error message when simulating : "Geometry for zone
UNKNOWN is not found" (or somesuch warning) ?  - I note that the results from a
simulation with this warning gives all zone temps. and RH as a constant 0 and
100% respectively

many thanks,

Olli Bucks